Last Updated: January 2022
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), California consumers may be entitled to certain notices and disclosures regarding the collection and use of their Personal Information. This CCPA Privacy Notice for California Residents (“Notice”) applies solely to all consumers, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this website.
- Through publicly available sources.
- Through third parties.
- In person.
Information We Collect About You:
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. We have collected the following categories of Personal Information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|Identifiers||Name, postal address, email address, phone number|
|Demographics||Estimated income, household information, occupation|
|Relevant personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||“Personal information” under Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80 means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, his or her name, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, education, employment, any financial information or medical information. “Personal information” does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records. “Personal Information” does not include consumer information that is de-identified or aggregate consumer information.|
How We Use Your Information:
We may use the information we obtain in the following ways:
- Gathering feedback from consumer experiences
- Provide information to government research
- Secondary research of community attitudes, needs, and perceptions at local and regional scales, including for longitudinal studies. Results of such research may be presented to agencies as a service in support of community investment planning.
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Contact Information
- Personal Information
- Protected Classification
- Public Transit Travel Information
- Geolocation Data
We disclose your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- Transit Agencies and their contractors
- Transportation Agencies
How We Protect Your Information
ETC Institute respects your privacy and uses state of the art technology and standard practices to protect it. The methods vary by survey type.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you good or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including using discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Provide a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may however offer you certain financial incentives, including payments to you as compensation, for the collection of personal information, the sale of personal information, or the deletion of personal information. ETC may also offer a different price, rate, level, or quality of goods or services to you if that price or difference is directly related to the value provided to ETC by your data.
We will not collect data from children unless the consumer (in the case of consumers at least 13 years of age and less than 16 years of age), or the consumer’s parent or guardian (in the case of consumers who are less than 13 years of age), has affirmatively authorized the sale of the consumer’s personal information.
Acknowledging Your Rights Under the CCPA
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides consumers (California residents) with rights regarding their personal information.
- You have the right to request that ETC disclose the following information once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer information:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- Our business and commercial purpose for gathering or selling personal information;
- The specific pieces of person information we collect about you, if retained;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information we collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- To the extent that we sell your personal information within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act or disclose such information for a business purpose, you may request that we disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information about you that we have sold within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold; and
- The categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
- You have the right to request that we disclose to you the specific species of personal information we have collected.
- You have the right to request that ETC delete Personal Information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- You have the right to request that ETC correct any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We collect survey information and provide some of this information to our client. This may be considered as “selling” your information within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act. If you are a California resident, you have the right to opt out of our sales of certain information relating to individuals and households subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Exercising Your Rights
If you wish to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, or if you wish to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
- Toll Free Phone: 913-829-1215
- Online: Contact Us
- Email: email@example.com
As required or permitted under applicable law, please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law. Only you or a person we can validate as being authorized by you may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. If someone authorized by you makes a verifiable consumer request and provides a notarized copy of the authorization or an active power of attorney, we will provide the information, if any. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
725 W Frontier Lane
Olathe, KS 66061